Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How to Make Iced Tea, oh and Have You Met Michelle?

posted by: Cassie Piper Social Media Coordinator for The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf®
It’s been a HOT summer so far and it’s just the beginning of August! While looking for ways to cool down and debating on whether or not to run out to The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf up the street from my house, I thought why don’t I just make a pitcher of iced tea at home? 
Sure, I’ve bought those fancy tea tins from our stores and they’ve been sitting in my cupboard for the nights I need something soothing to help induce sleep, but I had never considered making iced tea with them. Then I thought, if only Michelle Stene were here, she could show me how.. she could show everyone! And so, the Summer Iced Tea Video Series was created.
Michelle Stene is my inspiration in the culinary world. As I mention in the video, Michelle is one of our magic makers at the company aka Director of Product Development. I have to admit, I’m a little envious of her job, which to me sounds like she’s playing around in the test kitchen all day and I tease her for it in the video. In reality, she comes to work every day infusing all of her brilliance and talents into those tasty beverages you crave in our stores.
I knew she could help with this project, and sure enough she was more than willing to show me and YOU how to brew the perfect iced tea at home. Our Summer Iced Tea Video Series starts you out with the basics; how to brew the perfect black, green and fruit iced teas.
Once you’ve mastered the basics, she’ll show you some delicious and beautiful ways to take your iced tea to the next level for any sweet summer occasion. We’ve created three more videos that follow this introduction where we really focus on each unique tea profile and their complimentary flavors. Watch all three to get some great ideas for summer, plus we have some tasty tea to give away!
Michelle and I were actually a little nervous to be on camera but we would love to hear your feedback. I told Michelle you would tweet her all of your questions, so don’t forget to show her some love @CBTLMichelle.
And just for you, we have some fun tea items to give away! We'll pick 3 participants at random to receive our handy dandy tea timer.

Watch the Introduction video to our Summer Iced Tea Series below. Answer the following question and submit your response in the comments, make sure to read the terms & conditions!





Question: What is the steeping time for each tea?
·         Black/Oolong
·         Green
·         Fruit Infusion



Blog Giveaway terms and conditions: The contest begins upon posting of the blog announcing the Contest and ends at 12 p.m.. PST the following Wednesday. To enter, you must post a comment and answer the question posed in the blog, providing a valid email address. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Contest limited to U.S. only., One contest entry per email address. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received. Sponsors clock will determine winner. List of winners available upon request by contacting Sponsor. Prizes subject to change without notice. Sponsor may notify winner via email: if winner does not claim the prize within 48 hours of being e-mailed, Sponsor will pick a new winner. Prize shipped at no cost to U.S. Residents. Contest Sponsor: International Coffee & Tea, LLC d/b/a The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® 1945 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90038.

*We picked our winners using the random number generator at random.org. Congratulations! We have your email address and we’ll contact you about your prize shortly.



23 comments:

  1. Herbal Tea 7 mins/ Black Tea 5 mins/ Green Tea 3 mins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! We love iced tea when we're working in the yard on our days off. You turned it into a science for me though: 2 teabags per quart - brew time depending upon the type: black for 5 minutes, green for 3 minutes, and lastly the naturally sweet fruit teas for 7 minutes (or longer). Black and green will become bitter after the above times. Now I know! I'm looking forward to following your future posts about iced tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your iced teas. I can't have "other" iced teas, only Coffee Bean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Iced Teas. So refreshing. Thank goodness you guys are across the street from me because I need all the help I can get in making good iced tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought the video was helpful, especially if you're preparing a whole pitcher of iced tea. Strawberry Cream is my favorite and would love the Tea Timer if it happens (prettiest of pleases?)

    Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video! Keep it up

    Herbal 7min
    Black 5min
    Green 3min

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fail at iced teas, this was a cool vid

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Iced Teas. So refreshing. Thank goodness you guys are across the street from me because I need all the help I can get in making good iced tea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Recommended times:
    Black/Oolong - 5 minutes
    Green - 3 minutes
    (Will get bitter if longer)
    Fruit - 7 minutes
    (Will become stronger in taste)

    Use 1 teabag or 1 tbsp (or 1 melitta scoop) of looseleaf with 16oz filtered hot water.

    (I'm thirsty now!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I know how to make tea! Thanks!
    Steeping times:
    Black/Oolong: 5 minutes
    Green: 3 minutes
    Fruit infusion: 7 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  11. black = 5 min
    green = 3 min
    fruit = 7 min

    calliope_123 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What kind of kettle do you use in the video? I'm always looking for a really good kettle. I love the tea timers so here's the answer to your steeping times:
    Black/Oolong: 5 minutes
    Green: 3 minutes
    Fruit Infusion: 7 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Black/Oolong - 5 minutes

    Green - 3 minutes

    Fruit - 7 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice read, thanks!

    developed a passion for loose tea a few years ago, particularly the fruit teas. with the longer steeping time, it is easier to not over do and make bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Question: What is the steeping time for each tea?
    · Black/Oolong 5 minutes
    · Green 3 minutes
    · Fruit Infusion 7 minutes

    Irma- eaaz4@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Black - 5
    Green - 3 (and be sure to watch the water temps)
    Fruit Infusion - 7

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've wanted that timer ever since I first saw it at the store! Pick me! Pick me!

    Black/Oolong: 5 minutes
    Green: 3 minutes
    Fruit infusion: 7 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Black/Oolong - 5 min.
    Green - 3 min.
    Fruit Infusion - 7 min.
    Thanks for all the videos! I never knew that there was a special way to make teas. I always thought you just left them in for a while to seep. Now I have to go to my local store to buy more tea bags. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. black = 5 min
    green = 3 min
    fruit = 7 min

    priya@priya.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your teas!

    Herbal tea 7min
    Black yea 5min
    Green yea 3min

    ReplyDelete
  21. Herbal 7min
    Black 5min
    Green 3min

    And now I am craving tea... >.<

    ReplyDelete